The Importance of Discipleship
1) The disciples followed Jesus.
2) The disciples were taught by Jesus.
3) Community/family was formed and established over time.
1) Disciples today follow Jesus.
2) Disciples today are taught by Jesus through the Spirit from apostolic doctrine.
3) Disciples today develop their families in the community of fellowship over time.
1) Learn to turn to the lives & writings of the apostles and prophets to solidify our foundation in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Eph 2:19-20 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, (20) having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone,
2) Be humble enough to grow up and mature together as the living, breathing house of God (family of God) on earth.
Eph 2:21-22 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, (22) in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.
3) Develop a discerning ear to the voice of His Spirit and learn to be led by Him.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.